When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Monday, December 14, 2009

Sandra Allen

These enormous pencil drawings are not just pictures of trees. They are portraits of individuals. I don't know that there's much more I can say. I could perhaps wish that the images were a little larger to fully appreciate the scale and detail in these pieces. The scale is important to keep in mind. This first piece is a 12 and a half feet tall! She has taken the time to really look at and appreciate the beauty of trees and she is trying to make us do the same.
See more at her website www.sandraallen.com





















"Stalwart" 150"x 84" pencil on paper 2004





















"Schism" 72" x 42" pencil on paper 2004





















"Respire" 84" x 52" pencil on paper 2006

for scale....

1 comment:

  1. ..."the natural object is always the adequate symbol..."(Ezra Pound)

    ReplyDelete