When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Monday, November 2, 2009

Andrea Kowch

Here's another young artist who's apparently doing quite well for herself. She does illustration work and occasionally participates in the painting a day movement. But it's her big personal allegories of life in America's heartland where the vagaries of nature mirror and amplify the inner life of her characters, that deserve the most attention.
Some places to see her work:
www.andreakowchillustration.com
www.myartspace.com
www.kowchillustrations.blogspot.com
www.kowchpaintings.blogspot.com

click on these to view them larger!











"No Turning Back" 2008

















"Chosen" 2008


















"Apple of my eye"

No comments:

Post a Comment