When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Thursday, July 16, 2009

David Dalla Venezia

These stark figure studies really need to be enlarged to be appreciated. Just click on the image. His isolation of individual body parts, and in some cases complete detachment of them, is both compelling in it's realism and detail and disturbing in it's lack of context. There's one extremely disturbing example on his Artdoxa.com page (don't say I didn't warn you).
There's more work on his website: daviddallavenezia.com












no. 561 120x60cm 2008








no. 562 72x25cm 2008

















no. 573 35x27cm 2008

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for including my paintings in your excellent and interesting blog. Ciao, David DV

    ReplyDelete