When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Monday, July 27, 2009

Nicoletta Ceccoli

She is a very successful children's book Illustrator, but fortunately does not let success get in the way of her art. These pieces readily demonstrate why she is good at her job but transcend the genre and appeal to the darker side of childhood that remains with us all.
You can see more of her work and even flip through some virtual picture books at www.nicolettaceccoli.com






















"Balloon Girl"
















"Bird Cage"

as always (well, almost always) click on the images to view them larger.

2 comments:

  1. HOLY COW, Dave! Those are FANTASTIC! Thanks for the connect. Wow....

    ReplyDelete