When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Jason Hackenwerth

It's balloon art. Seriously. You have to love a gimmick when it's really pulled off well. A gimmick that isn't can be just about the most annoying thing in the art world. But the balloon actually seems to be a very good medium for these suggestions of primitive organic forms. My only complaint might be that the balloon manufacturers should provide him with a little more range in colors. But then maybe that might take away from the gaudy spectacle of it, which is half the fun here.
Check out his website: www.jasonhackenwerth.com


















"Cochleapods" 2009
















"Liminal Space"


















title unknown


















title unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment