When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Ian Hill

The combination of Horror and humor with a a large dollop of pop culture iconography (below lurk Godzilla and Square Bob Sponge Pants) is not new or even particularly unusual. But regardless of whether the artist is depicting bucolic river valleys or giant floating squid-whale monsters, talent is the ability to make it seem new.
I suspect Ian Hill is still a young artist. He certainly has talent and I'm looking forward to seeing more of his work.
ianhillart.com

As usual please click on the images to view larger.







"American Family Portrait" 30x88" 2009

















"A Spectacular Beast" 36x48" 2009
















"Eternus Bene" 36x48" 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment