When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Monday, August 31, 2009

Chester Arnold

It's hard to imagine an artist who can paint trash with more wit and charm. And the self deprecating ability to view the accumulated canvases in his studio in the same light is hard not to admire.
There's a good deal of work to look at on his website (www.ten2ten.com/arnold) but the images are very small. For larger but somewhat fewer images go to his gallery's website www.cclarkgallery.com



















"Scenes From the Lives of words" 18x22" 2008



















"Inventory" 22x26" 2005


















"The Giant Piece of Turf" 70x84" 2008
















"Entropic Landscape" 72x94" 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment