When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Lori Field

I'm sure this is the kind of work that really needs to be seen in person to be truly appreciated. Encaustic tends to be that way. Nonetheless her imagery and colors have a dreamlike quality that comes through even in the digital image. There's plenty of work to look through on her website www.lorifieldfineart.com
Or you can check out her Flickr page





















"Do You Like My Hat?"























"Butterflies In My Stomach"






















"The Little Death"

1 comment:

  1. This work is ethereal. Thanks for introducing me to Lori Field.

    ReplyDelete