When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Monday, June 8, 2009

Leah Giberson

She takes fairly ordinary photos and strips away all the extraneous details to evoke something that feels more real. The pasted on layers of canvas add something here without seeming too contrived though I can't quite decide why. These pieces are also 2" inches deep with painted sides which you can see at flickr.com/photos/leahgiberson/.
She sells prints at etsy.com
Her website is by her own admission rarely updated but there's some nice stuff there too
leahgiberson.com





















"Under wraps" 10x10"

















"Caravan Series 2" 9x12"






















"Malden Pool 1"

No comments:

Post a Comment