When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Monday, June 29, 2009

Andrey Zakirzyanov

Why are so many Russian painters so damn good? I saw these recently on Flickr.com.
He's posted a host of detail shots which you really need to look through to get a good feel for the piece. Not many painters can pull of this Breugel-esque sort of style though I've seen others try and certainly none of them captured this kind of grand vision. Please, please click on these images to view them larger and then go to the link above and look through all those details!






















"Adoration of the Magi" 1997 160x160cm














Adoration of the Magi - detail

















"Battle of Celestial Bodies" 1995 150x200cm
















Battle of Celestial Bodies - detail

3 comments:

  1. Also you must see another damn good russian - Yaroslav Gerzhedovich -http://www.flickr.com/photos/39386717@N07/sets/72157619573171499/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also damn good, you are right. I'll add him next. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first visit to your site and I think it is rich and amazing.
    This is a wonderful posting!

    ReplyDelete