When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Brian Despain

More robots (at: despainart.com).
One little side-path leads to a whole superhighway of this sort of thing (Check out the links on his website and those on Eric Joyner's as well). I thought these were particularly gorgeous in their rendering. And I've always maintained that there's no clear line between fine Art and illustration. Case in point...






















"Escape" 16x20in. 2008























"The Stranger" 6x8in. 2007


No comments:

Post a Comment