When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Monday, March 7, 2011

Shane Walsh

Channel 70"x 64" oil on canvas 2008
untitled


It's been a while since I posted some abstract art. A lot of the artists I've posted take representational imagery and explore it's abstract qualities. The flip-side of this is the abstract painter who mimicks or suggests representation. Understanding the distinction between the two realms of art is to understand that the line between them is a blurry one that's often best ignored. The examples above show a transition in Mr. Walsh's output from atmospheric hints at submerged landscapes and debris, to imaginary three dimensional constructs. Over the course of a relatively short span of time his work has gone through some fairly radical shifts but what's interesting is the consistency of vision and logic that runs throughout. I'll be curious to see where he goes next. He has no proper website but rather a simple blog where new work is posted on a fairly regular basis: shanewalshpaintings.blogspot.com

I'd like to thank visualinventory.blogspot.com where I first saw his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment