When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Monday, November 24, 2008

Jean-Pierre Roy

For everyone who likes to visualize the apocaypse in all it's myriad potential forms and aftermaths (and hey, who doesn't?) I recommend looking through all the works by this artist. While at times he seems to revel in the bright garish hues of his destructions it is the more somber pieces that really get me. I'm telling you, I sure wish I could paint like this.
more at jean-pierreroy.com













"The Defeat of Anthropy" Jean-Pierre Roy 2007











"Six Days at the Bottom of the World" 2005












"Adventureland" 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment