When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Friday, January 1, 2010

Pete Ferguson

Pete Ferguson is primarily an illustrator and very good at his job. But fortunately for us he occasionally feels the old artistic itch to make images for his own satisfaction. He brings to the endeavor the same playfulness and solid technical skills that he shows in his commercial work but he also unleashes a bit of dark surrealism to go with the wit. The results are an absolute delight. Most of them seem to have been done in 2005 or earlier but I certainly hope he makes more of these.
Check out his website www.uberpete.jitterjames.com


















"Gods of the Tri-State Area" 2008



















"Detached Retina" 2005

















"Heartland" 2005























"The Road to Happyland" 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment