When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

John Clowder

"Avian Flu"

"Hellmaw"

"Hydra"

"A Fay Joust"

"Opiate Dragon"

John Clowder is a collage artist using the moniker "Revolverwinds". Collage artists are, in his words, the art world's "endearing scavengers" exhuming  "obsolete adverts, morbid medical texts, bone atlases and zoographic curios" to put together  their Frankenstein creations. His imagery is well suited to this description. But there is certainly an element of humor lurking in his horrors as well.

I'm afraid my descriptive powers are currently in check due to the general mayhem of my current circumstances. I hope to get back to regular biweekly posting soon. My apologies. In the mean time check out more of  Mr. Clowder's wry monstrosities at the following sites:
www.bluecanvas.com/revolverwinds
revolverwinds.blogspot.com
www.behance.net/Revolverwinds

No comments:

Post a Comment