When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Jeremy Price

"Square Victoria" oil/canvas 20"x28" 2011


"Rue Saint Jacques", oil on canvas, 8"x14" 2011

"gotham north" 18"x18" oil on canvas  2010

"December", oil on canvas, 12'x24'

"the main" 18"x36" oil on canvas

Jeremy Price has worked for the last 10 years as a 3D artist in the video game industry. There's not a damn thing wrong with that, and to be honest there's some extraordinary work being done in the field. But even though he's able to make a creative living, it warms my heart that he feels the need to look around his neighborhood in Montreal and record these simple impressions in oil on canvas. They're  not especially ambitious or loaded with conceptual content, but they are full of charm and that elusive quality, the actual mood of time and place.

To see more check out his website: www.cjeremyprice.com

No comments:

Post a Comment