When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Travis Louie

Strange characters and creatures inhabiting antique portraits. It's a nice conceit made even better by impeccable craftsmanship. But you have to go to his website (www.travislouie.com) where he provides a short narrative on each character. And there are so many, it was hard to pick three.






















"Naven Overcomes His Spider Phobia"






















"Young Miss Bunny"

























"Hairy Stare"

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely fantastic! I had to look and read about every one of them!

    ReplyDelete