When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Gage Opdenbrouw

My general impression is that the landscapes are his strong suit but this one portrait of a woman putting on make-up for a Day of the Dead festival is brilliant.
And the window series depicting different kinds of light is a great exercise pulled off with aplomb.
Look at more on his website www.engageingart.com
But first click on these images to view them larger.











above:
"Kitchen Window 8, 9 & 11" 14x10" 2009 Gouache on paper























"Vanitas" 24x18" 2006 oil on canvas






















"Beginning of Summer" 42x42" 2008 oil on canvas

















"Through the Trees" 36x48" 2006 oil on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment